Massage works on many different levels having positive effects on Physical, Emotional and Mental wellbeing. Massage –
- Promotes relaxation and the relaxation response*
- Reduces anxiety
- Helps identify and release tension before it becomes a problem.
- Reduces stress
- Increases circulation thus boosting energy, vitality, and alertness
- Calms the Nervous System
- Reduces muscle tension thus reducing pain
- Improves waste elimination
- Assists Healing on physical and emotional levels
- Promotes greater flexibility and range of motion
- Encourages us to slow our pace so the body and mind can relax and re-energise
*The Relaxation Response is when our heart and breathing rate slow down, our blood pressure lowers, our production of stress hormones decreases, and our muscles relax. The relaxation response helps to increase levels of serotonin available to us, Serotonin a chemical in the body that positively affects emotions and thoughts, reduces depression, increases wellbeing, and encourages healthy sleep.